Skip Navigation

Graduate Summer Institute of Epidemiology and Biostatistics

What is the difference between academic credit and non-credit/professional development?

Academic credit registration:

Non-credit/professional development registration:

 Academic credit for a course is granted only if the following conditions have been met:

Students who register for academic credit can request a transcript of their Summer Institute grades. To have transcripts forwarded to another institution, a written request must be submitted to the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health Registrar's Office at least 10 working days before the transcript is needed. Students who want Summer Institute courses applied to degree programs at other institutions should consult with their home institution regarding transfer of credits and credit conversion.

All Summer Institute students will receive a certificate of participation on the completion of their courses.

Updated 2/7/2019