Introduction to Health Survey Research Methods
June 17 - 21, 2019
1:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Course number: 340.727.11
|"I think the instructor organized each day extremely well with a balance between lecture and time for groups to work together on their specific topic/questionnaire development. The days built on each other in a logical format, and I felt that I learned a lot from the class." - Student, 2018|
Exposes students to the practical aspects of health survey research by emphasizing the development of skills to design and administer a survey questionnaire. Introduces students to formative research, questionnaire development, interviewer training, and quality assurance/quality control.Learning Objectives:
- Identify and discuss the theory, frameworks, and contexts of questionnaire development
- Distinguish different types of formative research and how these approaches inform survey development
- Design, revise and administer questionnaires
- Monitor survey data collection and quality control
- Review the data collection experience and present results from a survey
50% Class participation and group presentations – due during sessions; 50% Final paper summarizing survey development and implementation .
Course Materials: Provided in class and through CoursePlus