Health and Wellness
Every week the School Mental Health Task Force is circulating support materials. Please find these materials material below. We do very much hope you are finding the support you need: Please reach out to us or other friends if you are in need!
- The Crisis Text Line: text HOME to 741741 and get confidential crisis intervention via SMS message 24 hours a day, every day
- Baltimore Crisis Response: Call 410-433-5175.
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline (or online chat): 800-273-TALK (8255) or CHAT
- JHSAP (Johns Hopkins Student Assistance Program)
- MySupport (Fellows, Faculty and Staff Assistance Program)
- University Health Services Mental Health: University Mental Health center will remain open from 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday: 410-955-1892. Urgent care after hours: 410-955-1892; press “0” (will connect you to Johns Hopkins Hospital operator) and request the University Health Services - Mental Health psychiatrist on call.
- UHS Wellness: Serves students, post-doctoral fellows, house staff and other trainees across the School of Medicine, Bloomberg School of Public Health, School of Nursing, and the Berman Institute. Also, if you have feedback about how the wellness office can serve you at this time, please complete this brief feedback form.
- JHU Chaplain: Available to have phone conversations with JHU affiliates; please email Kathy Schnurr at firstname.lastname@example.org for appointments.
- SilverCloud: Online confidential mental health resource for JHU students; includes interactive learning modules that teach CBT (cognitive-behavioral therapy) techniques.
- Calm App: Use your JHU email to access all premium features) for mindfulness, sleep and guided meditation exercises.
- Destress Monday: An online initiative providing information and reminders to support a positive start to the week and reduce stress overall.
Do you want to talk to someone?
- Build virtual community: find hope and comfort with the Baltimore Neighbors Network
- Check out the Baltimore Mutual Aid Spreadsheet! JHU students, staff, and community members around the city have indicated availability to help if you need emotional support. Reach out to them now!
- Want to talk to an active listener online? Check out 7 Cups.
For a longer list of available resources by modality, see the MH Task Force spreadsheet! Please note, the spreadsheet will be updated with new resources over time.