Apply to a BMB Master’s Program
The Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology offers a Master of Health Science (MHS) and a Master of Science (ScM) degree, and is part of the interdepartmental Master of Arts in Public Health Biology, a fully online degree program.
MHS and ScM degree programs
Applicants interested in the in-person BMB Master’s programs may first apply to the MHS program. MHS students interested in transferring to the ScM program should take the appropriate courses and elective research options in the first year. MHS students may apply for transfer to the ScM at the end of the second term. Applicants who are certain they want to pursue a degree that includes conducting original research may apply directly to the ScM Program; certain requirements will still need to be met to qualify for the second year of the ScM.
- June 1
Required Application Materials
- Online application
- Official transcripts from EVERY college-level institution you attended (academic records from institutions outside the U.S. must undergo a credentials evaluation).
- English proficiency test score (TOEFL or IELTS), if applicable
- Three letters of recommendation
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of Purpose and Objectives
Optional Application Materials
- Standardized test score: a GRE or MCAT score is optional - the admission committees will make no assumptions if a GRE score is omitted from an application, but inclusion of a good score may improve the application package of a candidate with deficiencies in some areas.
International Applicants are welcome and should review additional instructions for applying from outside the U.S.
MHS and ScM students can be supported by student loans and work-study programs. Additional information on financial aid for MHS and ScM students is available from the Office of Student Affairs within the Bloomberg School.