Strategies for Success: Public Mental Health Career Development and Beyond
- East Baltimore
- 4th term
- Mental Health
- 1 credits
- Academic Year:
- 2021 - 2022
- Instruction Method:
- Hybrid In-person and Synchronous Online
- Class Times:
- Friday, 12:00 - 1:20pm
Are you curious about what you can do with your Public Mental Health MHS degree?
Do you want to know how to find the perfect job?
Do you want to learn and apply skills to better prepare you for entering the workforce?
Provides MHS students with the structure, resources, and support needed to start building a career in Public Mental Health. Explores career options, resume development, interview skills, networking, and salary negotiation through lectures and small-group activities.
- Learning Objectives:
- Search for research and practice-based positions both in and outside of academia
- Write a resume and cover letter emphasizing knowledge and experience in public mental health
- Develop interview skills and strategies
- Engage in networking opportunities in the field of public mental health
- Methods of Assessment:
This course is evaluated as follows:
- 50% Participation
- 40% In-class Exercises
- 10% Assignments
- Enrollment Restriction:
This course is restricted to MHS students in Mental Health
- Instructor Consent:
Consent required for all students
- Consent Note:
Consent required for all students.
- For consent, contact: