Milestones in Public Health
- Summer term
- 1 credits
- Academic Year:
- 2021 - 2022
- Instruction Method:
Public health contributions span from cells to society, from individuals to populations, locally and globally. Are you interested in learning more about the breadth of public health through the endeavors and accomplishments of public health faculty?
Provides a broad overview of public health milestones through the lens of diverse public health faculty spanning from molecular biology, vaccine policy, injury, and micronutrient supplementation to health disparities, legal issues, bioethics, and health security. Reviews a milestone with each lecture as viewed by an individual faculty and provides opportunity for questions and discussion.
- Learning Objectives:
- Recognize the breadth of public health and its multidisciplinary nature.
- Describe the similarities and differences across public health successes.
- Evaluate the role of a team in each public health success.
- Describe the knowledge, attitudes and practices needed for tackling public health problems.
- Reflect upon past accomplishments and future challenges facing different public health issues.
- Methods of Assessment:
This course is evaluated as follows:
- 60% Participation
- 40% Reflection
- Enrollment Restriction:
New Full-time MPH Students
- Instructor Consent:
Consent required for all students
- Consent Note:
Pre-approval for registration required
- For consent, contact:
- Special Comments:
This is in the in-person section.