Ehe Ms Essay
- Summer term
- Environmental Health and Engineering
- Variable Credit
- Academic Year:
- 2021 - 2022
- Instruction Method:
- Asynchronous Online
Students work with their adviser to formulate, research, finalize, and gain approval of their master’s essay, which is based on a required Independent Professional Project (IPP). Students write the essay as a professional report summarizing the findings of the IPP. This represents a substantive application of professional technical skills through the process of collecting and summarizing data and reviewing appropriate literature.
- Learning Objectives:
- Synthesize, integrate, and apply the skills and competencies they have acquired to a workplace exposure assessment/management problem
- Augment their training by pursuing an independent project within their particular area of interest or specialized competency
- Prepare a professional report on their findings
- Present in an oral seminar setting
- Methods of Assessment:
This course is evaluated as follows:
- 100% Final Paper
- Instructor Consent:
Consent required for some students
- Consent Note:
Course only available to MS OEH PTIB students - they do not need consent.
- For consent, contact:
- Special Comments:
The student’s advisor serves as course instructor. Successful completion of the MS Essay is required for graduation from the program.