Creating, Implementing and Monitoring Budgets for Projects and Programs
- 4th term
- 1 credits
- Academic Year:
- 2019 - 2020
Introduction to Online Learning is required prior to participating in any of the School's Internet-based courses.
Creating and understanding budgets is a fundamental leadership skill. Budgets promote efficient use of resources, inform decisions about investments, and support strategic decisions aligned with organizational vision and priorities.
Addresses strategies for creating budgets for projects and programs. Stresses the essential role of budgets in promoting the health of organizations and resource management. Explores how budgets are used to facilitate project and program management, including assessing whether high-quality outcomes are being achieved on time and within resource constraints or whether changes to the work plan, budget, or available resources are needed.
- Learning Objectives:
- Explain the basic principles of budget and resource management
- Explain how to create and implement a work plan
- Apply cost-benefit principles
- Evaluate productivity monitoring tools
- Evaluate the strengths of budgets and budget justifications
- Methods of Assessment:
This course is evaluated as follows:
- 20% Participation
- 80% Synthesis Assignments
- Instructor Consent:
No consent required
- Jointly Offered With: