340.700.01 Advanced Stata Programming
- 4th term
- 1 credits
- Academic Year:
- 2019 - 2020
- East Baltimore
- Class Times:
- Tuesday, 4:00 - 5:00pm
Concurrent enrollment in 340.600 and at least 1.5 years' experience with Stata, or familiarity with Stata and knowledge of another programming language
Do you wonder whether to consider Stata a "real" programming language?
Do you find yourself wondering how to make your Stata scripts run more efficiently?
Have you ever wanted to write your own Stata commands?
Presents advanced topics in Stata Programming to expand upon the material in 340.600. Topics include simulations, advanced programming, file manipulation, and code optimization.
- Learning Objectives:
- Use advanced Stata syntax
- Create and run simulations using Stata
- Write powerful and flexible programs to automate analytical tasks in Stata
- Optimize Stata code for faster runtime and minimal memory/disk usage
- Generate hypertext output using Stata (HTML, LaTeX)
- Methods of Assessment:
Participation: 20%; Homework: 80%
- Enrollment Restriction:
The course is restricted to students concurrently enrolled in 340.600.
- Instructor Consent:
Consent required for all students
- Consent Note:
Instructors to assess background knowledge
- For consent, contact: