415.870.01 Genetic Counseling Clinical Supervision
- Health Behavior and Society
- 4th term
- 1 credits
- Academic Year:
- 2019 - 2020
- East Baltimore
Must be enrolled in ScM in Genetic Counseling Program; students must register for four terms.
Assists the student in recognizing the impact of personal styles and biases on the counseling process through individual supervision sessions. Uses audiotapes and/or videotapes of student counseling sessions to review, analyze, and process student-client interactions throughout the student's clinical rotations, and develop strategies for addressing barriers in the counseling process.
- Learning Objectives:
- Demonstrate professional growth in establishing a therapeutic relationship with clients
- Recognize the impact of personal styles and biases on the counseling process
- Demonstrate strategies to best meet each individual client's needs
- Provide genetic counseling services using techniques that are consistent with the student's developing personal style
- Methods of Assessment:
Student evaluation based on participation and presentation of weekly case summaries.
- Instructor Consent:
No consent required