Introduction to Health Survey Research Methods
- 3rd term
- 2 credits
- Academic Year:
- 2019 - 2020
- Instruction Method:
Introduction to Online Learning is required prior to participating in any of the School's Internet-based courses.
Exposes students to the practical aspects of health survey research by emphasizing the development of skills to design and administer a survey questionnaire. Introduces students to formative research, questionnaire development, interviewer training, and quality assurance/quality control.
- Learning Objectives:
- Identify and discuss the theory, frameworks, and contexts of questionnaire development
- Distinguish different types of formative research and how these approaches inform survey development
- Design, revise and administer questionnaires
- Monitor survey data collection and quality control
- Review the data collection experience and present results from a survey
- Methods of Assessment:
This course is evaluated as follows:
- 50% Group Work
- 50% Final Paper
- Instructor Consent:
No consent required
- Special Comments:
Students are not encouraged to take both 340.717 and 340.727. Additionally, This course will incorporate group work with other online students. Students will be organized into groups according to a topic area and must work together remotely to produce a group presentation and design a survey tool.