Introduction to the Video Production Process for Public Health Professionals
- East Baltimore
- Summer Inst. term
- Health Behavior and Society
- 1 credits
- Academic Year:
- 2019 - 2020
- Tue 06/11/2019 - Tue 06/11/2019
- Class Times:
- Tuesday, 9:00am - 4:50pm
Developing persuasive and effective videos is a critical function of public health communications. Having a working knowledge of the video production process will allow public health professionals to work more effectively and efficiently with video producers, directors and writers.
Introduces public health professionals to the five phases of the video production process: conceptualization, script writing, pre-production (e.g., scouting locations, casting), production (e.g., shooting, voice-over), post-production (e.g., editing, graphics). Acquaints students to the fundamentals of script writing.
- Learning Objectives:
- Utilize a common language to better communicate with video production professionals in all phases of the production process.
- Identify the major phases of the production process and understand the critical decisions to be made at each phases to maximize efficiency.
- Construct a two-column script for a health video that applies the terms and concepts introduced in the course.
- Articulate the best situations for which videos are the appropriate medium.
- Methods of Assessment:
This course is evaluated as follows:
- 15% Participation
- 15% Completion of critique of two videos
- 70% Completion of a two-column script for a <5 min video on a health issue
- Instructor Consent:
No consent required