300.870.01 the Research and Proposal Writing Process I
- Health Policy and Management
- 2nd term
- 2 credits
- Academic Year:
- 2019 - 2020
- East Baltimore
- Class Times:
- Thursday, 3:30 - 5:20pm
successful completion of 1st year PhD qualifying exam
Assists doctoral students in preparing their dissertation proposal through presentations on their progress and faculty lectures on relevant topics, such as identifying research questions and writing hypotheses; reviewing the literature; sources of funding; protocol construction; and the Committee on Human Research.
- Learning Objectives:
- Describe the essential elements of dissertation proposal development and the preliminary oral exam process
- Constructively critique a dissertation proposal
- Make progress on writing their dissertation proposals
- Involve one’s faculty advisor to assist in achieving the objectives above
- Methods of Assessment:
Student evaluation based on class participation and progress made on the proposal.
- Enrollment Restriction:
Restricted to 2nd year HPM doctoral students, or consent of department.
- Instructor Consent:
No consent required