380.817.01 PFRH First Year Doctoral Seminar Part 1
- Population, Family and Reproductive Health
- 1st term
- 1 credits
- Academic Year:
- 2019 - 2020
- East Baltimore
- Class Times:
- Monday, 12:00 - 1:20pm
It is required of all first year PFRH doctoral students.
Facilitates students’ transitions into the PFRH doctoral program. Reviews program requirements and school and departmental resources. Hones skills students need for success in a doctoral program. Develops students’ abilities to formulate scientific questions and understandings of the scientific process. Guides students as they focus their areas of research interest.
- Learning Objectives:
- Describe the requirements, timeline, and benchmarks of the PFRH doctoral program
- Locate opportunities and resources for doctoral students within PFRH, JHSPH, and JHU
- Read scientific articles effectively and efficiently
- Describe the nature of scientific questions and formulate hypotheses
- Explain the role of the scientific community in the research process
- Articulate their area of specialization orally and in writing
- Methods of Assessment:
Weekly exercises 50%; Attendance and active participation 50%
- Enrollment Restriction:
Only open to first-year PFRH doctoral students.
- Instructor Consent:
No consent required