410.755.81 Health Communication Programs
- Health Behavior and Society
- 4th term
- 4 credits
- Academic Year:
- 2017 - 2018
Focuses on the step-by-step design, implementation, evaluation, and critique of communication programs designed to change behavior. Allows students to create actual health communication campaigns guided by P-Process worksheets.
- Learning Objectives:
- Carry out a small scale communication campaign to promote a desirable health practice
- Develop a large scale project including researching, designing and developing materials, implementing, monitoring, and working with evaluators to measure the program's effectiveness
- Demonstrate competency by preparing and reporting on a complete campaign developed with P-Process worksheets
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of a health communication plan according to a systematic set of rubrics
- Methods of Assessment:
Based on midterm, live talk participation, and final communication project/program presentation.
- Instructor Consent:
No consent required
- Special Comments:
Course must be taken for letter grade, not audit.