390.801.01 Professional Goals and Objectives
- Clinical Investigation
- 2nd term
- 1 credit
- Academic Year:
- 2017 - 2018
- East Baltimore
- Class Times:
- Tuesday, 9:00 - 9:50am
Consists of didactic sessions focused on preparation for the Grant Writing course, careers and mentoring, and meetings between students and their academic advisors and/or potential research mentors to identify a single area of research focus and discuss short- and long-term career goals.
- Learning Objectives:
- Define the structure of the GTPCI and various requirements of the MHS, ScM, and PhD degrees
- Distinguish between their Academic Advisor and Research Mentor, and the roles of mentors and mentoring
- Determine research and career objectives by meeting with their Academic Advisor
- Approach potential research mentors
- Locate potential clinical research projects, of relevance to their career
- Assess the benchmarks of a successful academic career
- Methods of Assessment:
Student evaluation based on an outline of proposed research plans.
- Enrollment Restriction:
Restricted to GTPCI students.
- Instructor Consent:
No consent required