330.642.11 Manuscript Writing for the Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Mental Health
- Summer Inst. term
- 1 credit
- Academic Year:
- 2017 - 2018
- East Baltimore
- Tue 06/06/2017 - Tue 06/06/2017
- Class Times:
- Tuesday, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Trains students to prepare manuscripts for submission to peer-reviewed journals with a focus on empirical papers. Discusses topics relevant to effective communication and dissemination of ideas, including journal selection.
- Learning Objectives:
- Use strategies that enhance productive writing
- Formulate and organize an empirical paper
- Select an appropriate journal for manuscript submission
- Understand how to produce an empirical manuscript ready for submission to a peer-reviewed journal
- Methods of Assessment:
10% Class participation, 90% course assignment. Course assignment is to prepare a detailed outline for a manuscript, select an appropriate journal for submission, provide a writing schedule and timeline.
- Instructor Consent:
No consent required
- Special Comments:
This 1 credit Summer Institute course does not count in fulfillment of the 3 credit course entitled "Manuscript Writing for Mental Health Research," which is required for doctoral students in the Department of Mental Health.