309.600.81 Evaluating Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Programs
- Health Policy and Management
- 1st term
- 3 credits
- Academic Year:
- 2014 - 2015
Introduction to Online Learning is required prior to participating in any of the School's Internet-based courses.
Prepares students to evaluate Quality Improvement/Patient Safety (QI/PS), projects by developing their competencies in the following areas: 1) Critiquing evaluations of QI/PS projects; 2) Designing a robust evaluation of a QI/PS project; and 3) Conducting a small scale qualitative study.
- Learning Objectives:
- Enumerate and communicate the importance of environmental, organizational, group, provider, task, work system, implementation and patient influences on outcomes
- Describe and evaluate strengths and weaknesses of designs for testing success of QI/PS interventions
- Describe operational steps to conducting robust data collection and analysis (quantitative and qualitative)
- Define and describe remedies for common problems in QI/PS studies
- Methods of Assessment:
class participation 30%; and a final paper 70%.
- Enrollment Restriction:
undergraduate students are not permitted in this section
- Instructor Consent:
No consent required