2006 Scholarship Awardees
The five awardees below were chosen from 40 submissions from 10 departments and four degree programs.
- Xiadong Cai, PhD candidate in International Health - Impact of Health Insurance on Health Care Utilization in Vietnam
- Judith Easterbook, PhD candidate in Molec. Microbio. & Imm. - Regulatory T Cells Mediating Seoul Virus Persistence in Norway Rats
- Gabrielle Hunter, MHS candidate in International Health - Effects of Water Availability and Education on the Hygiene Behavior of Residents in a Peri-Urban Community in Lima, Peru
- Sang Kim, PhD candidate in Epidemiology - "Center Effect" in Kidney Transplantation: A New Look at an Old Problem
- Rachel Singer, PhD candidate in Health Policy and Management - Mobilizing the Masses:Potential for Universal Coverage in Maryland