Skip Navigation


Transcripts and Academic Records

The Bloomberg School requires official academic records, transcripts, or mark sheets from ALL colleges, universities, graduate, or professional schools attended. Even if grades and credits from one institution appear on your home institution’s transcript, we require the transcript from the school where the credits originated.

US and English Speaking Canada

Study Abroad Records

International Transcripts

It is important that you do not send transcripts to SOPHAS until you list the institution sending the transcript in the “Colleges Attended” section. You will need to have your SOPHAS ID# included on the Transcript.

Transcripts from U.S. Institutions and English Speaking Canada

Using the Official Transcript Request Form found within the SOPHAS application, applicants should request all institution(s) attended to send your domestic transcripts directly to SOPHAS.

It is important to note the following details when requesting transcripts:

  • Transcripts must be addressed to SOPHAS
  • Transcripts must be sent directly from the institution’s registrar to SOPHAS.
  • The Transcript must be official. Photocopies, student copies, or unofficial copies will not be accepted.
  • The student’s SOPHAS ID must appear on the transcript if not accompanied by the form
  • The name on the transcript must match the name on the application.

If you are currently in a degree program, you are required to submit an official “in progress” transcript. If you are admitted, you will need to send an official transcript confirming the completion of the degree prior to enrolling in classes.

Some institutions offer electronic transcripts through Credential Solutions. If your school does participate you can order a transcript be sent via this link:

Paper transcripts should be mailed to:
SOPHAS Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9111
Watertown, MA 02471

Study Abroad Transcripts

SOPHAS will not accept any foreign or French Canadian transcripts. How you completed your Study Abroad will determine how you report the academic history. As SOPHAS updates its policy frequently, please refer to their instructions found here.

International Academic Records

If you are an international student or a U.S. student who is/has studied outside the U.S. or English Speaking Canada, except for studying abroad, your international academic records must undergo a credentials evaluation. More information may be found on our International Applicant page.