Online Programs for Applied Learning
The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health offers fully online, part-time master’s degree and certificate programs, designed for working professionals. Our Online Programs for Applied Learning (OPAL) focus on emergent industry sectors that have a resounding need for highly skilled professionals.
Master of Applied Science Programs
Key Benefits of Online Programs for Applied Learning (OPAL)
- Offered by the No. 1 school of public health in the country
- Led by renowned experts who are shaping the field through research and application
- Online delivery gives flexibility and accessibility to students around the world
- Adds to your current experience to take your career to the next level
- Competitive price point for tuition
The OPAL portfolio of degree and certificate programs are appealing to professionals with backgrounds in a broad range of public health and health-related fields. For detailed admissions requirements for each program, including any minimum length of work experience, please visit our OPAL Admissions page.
Hear from Our Alumni
OPAL PROGRAM EVENTS
Live Virtual Open House events were held for our programs in 2018 and 2019. Please click the links below to view recordings of these sessions. Links marked with an asterisk have been recently updated with 2019 recordings:
- Certificate and MAS in Spatial Analysis for Public Health*
- Certificate and MAS in Spatial Analysis for Public Health Q&A Session
- Certificate and MAS in Population Health Management*
- MAS in Patient Safety and Healthcare Quality*
- MAS in Humanitarian Health*
- MAS in Humanitarian Health Q&A Session
- Certificate in Global Tobacco Control
- Certificate and MAS Programs in Global Health*
- Certificate and MAS Programs in Global Health Q&A Session
*2019 event recording available
Please contact us at JHSPH.Applied-Learning@jhu.edu if you have any questions about these events.
Public Health in Action
In May 2016, the JHSPH convocation speaker was Dr. Mona Hanna-Attisha, a pediatrician in Flint, MI who was at the center of the lead water contamination investigation. In her speech, she discussed the importance of effectively utilizing research and analytical tools, to address public health questions and crises. You can watch a portion of her speech by clicking the image below.
Get In Touch
We're happy to help as you plan this important phase of your education. Request more information or call us at 844-379-1319 to speak with an admissions officer. You can also reach us via email at JHSPH.Applied-Learning@jhu.edu.
OPAL Program Office
Elizabeth Golub, PhD, MEd
Director, Online Programs for Applied Learning
Email: email@example.com Phone: (410) 502-2502
Christina Potter, MBA
Program Manager, Online Programs for Applied Learning
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (443) 287-3068
Program Coordinator, Online Programs for Applied Learning
Email: email@example.com Phone: (443) 287-3082