Applications for the Fall 2021 program start are now open in SOPHAS. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing, space-available basis until June 1, 2021.
Applications are processed through the Schools of Public Health Application Services (SOPHAS).
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Official transcripts from all college-level institutions attended, regardless of number of credits earned or if the grades appear on your home institution's transcript, must be submitted directly to SOPHAS
- For international academic records, a course-by-course credential evaluation via WES should be sent directly to SOPHAS
- Complete SOPHAS application
- Sufficient prior coursework in the biological sciences
- Three letters of recommendation: at least two academic recommendations; the third can be professional
- Personal statement of professional goals
Optional application materials
- Work experience: not required but strongly encouraged as this program is designed for students with work experience looking to advance professionally
- Official MCAT or GRE score - the admission committees will make no assumptions if a GRE score is omitted from an application, but inclusion of a good score may improve the application package of a candidate with deficiencies in some areas.
Most applicants from countries where English is not the official language must submit scores of an English language proficiency test.
To fulfill this requirement, we will accept scores from either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
The TOEFL code for SOPHAS is 5688.
All applicants submit IELTS scores directly to the Bloomberg School's Admission Services. A copy of your score report may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Admissions will waive this requirement for degree applicants only if:
- a student has completed a four-year degree from an accredited U.S. institution
- a student is from a country listed on our quick reference list
Be aware of application deadlines. If you are required to take an English language proficiency test, please make sure you do so well before your application is due. Similarly, if you are required to have your academic records evaluated, we strongly encourage you to start this process as early as possible. It can be a lengthy process and in most cases, your application WILL NOT be reviewed without evaluated international academic records. All application requirements are due by the application deadline. Your application will not be reviewed until all materials are received and may be withdrawn if still incomplete after the application deadline.
How To Apply
Before you start the application process, please review the entrance requirements and deadlines above. Our team of admissions representatives is here to help you each step of the way. If you have questions, please email us so we can assist you in navigating this exciting journey. You can also call us at 443-287-3068.
For more information regarding the application process for International Students, please visit the Admissions Office’s website for International Applicants.
If you are ready to begin your application, please proceed to SOPHAS.
Financial Aid and Tuition
Tuition is assessed per term by the Office of Student Accounts & Business Services*.
- 2019-20 tuition is $1,162 per credit*
*Tuition rates for the following academic year are reassessed and approved each spring.
Beyond scholarships, the Financial Aid Office provides assistance with federal and private loans. Unfortunately, there is no dedicated scholarship funding or support available for students in the Master's in Public Health Biology program at this time.
State-specific Information for Online Students
Students should be aware of additional state-specific information for online programs.