Extend the reach and accessibility of our education
Extend the reach and accessibility of our education by investing in flexible teaching and learning strategies that take advantage of digital technologies and new educational modalities.
We will extend the reach and accessibility of our education by investing in flexible teaching and learning strategies that take advantage of digital technologies and new educational modalities. Our long range objective is to catalog and curate our existing course content with a goal of digitizing and modularizing materials that can be adapted and combined to support both degree and non-degree offerings targeted at specific audiences. We will strategically grow our online offerings and part-time programs to meet public health needs. To facilitate this growth, we will support innovations in public health collaboration by creating spaces for faculty, students, and staff to work together in developing and implementing new methods of instruction that promote inclusive design for learning, service-learning models, and methods that assess depth of learning. We seek to engage our alumni as learners and educators, offering them opportunities for career development and lifelong learning, and engaging them as instructors and mentors to enhance our teaching. We will pursue partnerships with organizations, agencies, and industries to expand our role in workforce development, providing training and credentials in focused areas of instruction. We are committed to extending our reach within and outside the U.S. and will form strategic alliances and educational hubs which will provide a visible presence and concentrate our educational efforts, offering degrees and certificates as well as other more tailored learning credentials.
- Recruiting a marketing strategist to provide leadership around marketing our programs and review current marketing strategies for all programs
- Continuing to redesign and expand content on the School YouTube account to improve access to lectures and events
- Developing 2020 Spring Institute in collaboration with Fudan University in China
- Pursuing enhanced educational opportunities with the Indian Institute of Health Management Research (IIHMR)
- Developing new Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) to expand reach of educational offerings
- Partnering with alumni to deliver educational sessions on issues related to public health in partner cities around the country
- Removed residency requirement for MPH degree, giving students the opportunity to pursue a fully online degree. In doing so, we will continue to emphasize the benefits of face-to-face learning through our institutes.
- Established a small working group to critically examine our master’s programs and develop principles, short- and long-term goals, and strategies for meeting our goals