Vision, Mission, and Values
Protecting Health, Saving Lives—Millions at a Time
The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health is dedicated to the improvement of health for all people through the discovery, dissemination, and translation of knowledge, and the education of a diverse global community of research scientists, public health professionals, and others in positions to advance the public’s health.
- Excellence, integrity, equity, diversity, and civility in all of our activities and initiatives
- Scholarship, critical thinking, innovation, and scientific rigor
- Discovery, dissemination, and translation of knowledge into sustainable, evidence-based public health programs and policies
- Collaboration and capacity building with communities and public health practitioners locally, nationally, and globally
- Education of current and future public health leaders who will embrace these values in their research and practice, adhering to the tenets of the International Declaration of Health Rights