Meet Our Members
The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health's Advisory Board was established in 1981 to provide a dialogue between external audiences and the School's Dean and faculty. The activities and interests of the Board include all areas of the School's work. The Board's diverse membership includes University Trustees, alumni, and friends from corporations, foundations, private organizations, and those with specific interests in the School's research, education, and professional practice programs.
The relationship between the deans and faculty of the School and the members of the Advisory Board has been a unique and catalytic one. The Advisory Board has worked with the School to create new programs, to support key initiatives, and to offer critical advice and counsel on the wide variety of efforts.
Friday, Oct. 6: Fall 2017 HAB Committee Meetings in Baltimore
Saturday, Oct. 7: Fall 2017 HAB Full Meeting
- More than half of gun owners do not safely store all their guns, according to a new survey of 1,444 U.S. gun owners conducted by researchers at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.Thu, 22 Feb 2018 21:09:08 GMThttps://www.jhsph.edu/news/news-releases/2018/survey-more-than-half-of-u-s-gun-owners-do-not-safely-store-their-guns.html
- Significant amounts of toxic metals, including lead, leak from some e-cigarette heating coils and are present in the aerosols inhaled by users, according to a study from scientists at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.Thu, 22 Feb 2018 16:18:30 GMThttps://www.jhsph.edu/news/news-releases/2018/study-lead-and-other-toxic-metals-found-in-e-cigarette-vapors.html
- Unprecedented involvement by humanitarian organizations in a conflict saved as many as 1,500 to 1,800 lives, both civilian and military, according to new reportFri, 16 Feb 2018 13:33:57 GMThttps://www.jhsph.edu/news/news-releases/2018/report-1500-lives-saved-by-who-led-trauma-response-in-battle-of-mosul.html
- The number of clinical trials funded by the National Institutes of Health has declined since 2005, and average trial sizes were observed to be smaller with only 10 percent of trials enrolling more than 500 participants.Tue, 13 Feb 2018 13:18:12 GMThttps://www.jhsph.edu/news/news-releases/2018/nih-funding-fewer-cinical-trials-study-suggests.html
- Young adults who were undernourished as preschool children were approximately twice as likely to suffer from hearing loss as their better- nourished peers, a new study suggests.Thu, 08 Feb 2018 16:09:50 GMThttps://www.jhsph.edu/news/news-releases/2018/hearing-loss-linked-to-poor-nutrition-in-early-childhood-study-finds.html
- A new study by researchers at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health’s Center for a Livable Future found that farmed fish and shrimp convert protein and calories in feed to edible seafood at rates similar to livestock.Tue, 06 Feb 2018 14:51:25 GMThttps://www.jhsph.edu/news/news-releases/2018/farmed-seafood-and-livestock-stack-up-differently-using-alternate-feed-efficiency-measure.html
- The highly accurate strips hold potential for a public health approach to the overdose crisis, a study suggests.Tue, 06 Feb 2018 13:33:06 GMThttps://www.jhsph.edu/news/news-releases/2018/low-tech-low-cost-test-strips-show-promise-for-reducing-fentanyl-overdoses.html
- Increases in human life expectancy have slowed dramatically across the world since 1950, according to a study from researchers at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.Mon, 29 Jan 2018 14:22:26 GMThttps://www.jhsph.edu/news/news-releases/2018/life-expectancy-gains-are-slowing-in-both-rich-and-poor-countries.html
- 17 deans at schools of public health in the U.S. and Canada have issued a joint statement on the Foundation for a Smoke-Free World.Thu, 25 Jan 2018 17:35:32 GMThttps://www.jhsph.edu/news/news-releases/2018/deans-for-schools-of-public-health-issue-statement-on-the-foundation-for-a-smoke-free-world.html
- Study examined prosecutions following tougher sentencing for ‘straw arm’ purchases in Pennsylvania and a Maryland court decision that redefined private firearm transfersTue, 23 Jan 2018 14:42:40 GMThttps://www.jhsph.edu/news/news-releases/2018/prosecuting-background-check-and-straw-purchase-violations-depends-on-state-laws.html