October 9, 2018
Announcing Our New Strategic Plan
I am excited to announce the launch of our new strategic plan, designed to unleash the power of public health to pursue the greatest public health challenges wherever they exist: globally, nationally or in our own hometown of Baltimore.
Created by faculty, students, staff, alumni and members of our broader community, this plan sets the course for our School’s future and lays out five overarching goals and specific objectives that we’ll work to accomplish in the next five years.
Guided by this plan, our efforts will focus on:
- The Power of Education: educating leaders who can advance the public’s health by furthering the excellence of our existing programs and extending our reach beyond the walls of our School;
- The Power of Science: solving the most important public health problems by incubating, accelerating and translating groundbreaking research;
- The Power of Partnerships: partnering to protect the population’s health and advance equity and social justice worldwide, with a special commitment to Baltimore;
- The Power of People: fueling creativity and ensuring excellence in all we do by cultivating a diverse, inclusive and nurturing environment; and
- The Power of Advocacy: communicating and advocating for the value of public health.
I have been impressed by the dedication of our students, staff, faculty and alumni as we developed this plan.
To move it forward, we will continue to need your help. We will need talented, committed people from diverse backgrounds. We will require deep partnerships with others who share our vision of a healthier world. Implementation teams are forming around each goal, and you will have an opportunity to contribute your passion and creativity to helping us realize them.
Now more than ever, leadership in the science and practice of public health is critical for the world. Aligned in a common vision and committed to a shared strategy, the Bloomberg School is well-positioned to deliver.
Thank you for your continued dedication and collaboration as we further our vision of protecting health, saving lives—millions at a time.
Please see the full plan at jhsph.edu/strategic-plan.