Need help figuring out how you’d like to use the MCHLDS? The following resources will help you put together a plan for using the MCHLDS in a structured way:
1. Start with the User Guide to learn what the MCHLDS is, why and for whom it was developed, and how it can be used.
2. Answer the Preliminary Planning Questions to articulate your needs, goals, objectives, and desired results.
3. If you plan to assess your own or your staff members’ needs, here are some Sample Options for Assessment of Leadership Development Needs.
4. Review the Planning Considerations for questions to guide your decisions about the content, structure, time frame, and participants for your leadership development activities.
5. Check out the Examples of Use section of this website to see how the MCHLDS has been used in different settings and time frames and with different types of participants. You can download agendas and a variety of materials that were created or adapted for use in workshops, seminar series, and conference calls.
6. If you are conducting a session or workshop with a group, Planning Leadership Learning Sessions provides a structure for framing an agenda. Use the Facilitator’s Agenda Template to map out your specific agenda.
a. Be sure to consider these Principles of Adult Learning.
b. We’ve listed a few of our favorite Resources for Group Activities and Games to help you incorporate interactive and fun elements into your sessions.
c. If you need more ideas about Designing Effective Trainings, the Corporation for National Community Service has a useful website. http://encorps.nationalserviceresources.org/designing_effective_training.php
7. Consider these Tips for Facilitating the MCHLDS from an experienced facilitator of MCHLDS-based leadership enrichment programs.
8. Tell us how you used the MCHLDS!