News & Events
- Monday March 13: Learn about broccoli sprout extract as a treatment for ASD at the Wendy Klag Center journal club. See the Calendar of Events page.
- WKC affiliate Colleen Barry, PhD and David Mandell, ScD, are featured in a New England Journal of Medicine Perspective, "Care for Autism and Other Disabilities -- A Future in Jeopardy." See an ABC News report
- WKC director Dani Fallin is interviewed on vaccines and autism research in The Hub and on WYPR.
- Wendy Klag Center call for research proposals, due March 31. JHSPH students and faculty invited to apply. See more here.
- Federal law boosted services for children with autism, study by JHSPH researchers finds.
- Autism Speaks blog features EARLI Study, which involved some Maryland families.
- Study to Explore Early Development, Part III! The CDC has again chosen JHSPH to lead one of the SEED research sites. We will be recruiting selected families of children ages 2 to 5 early in 2017. Learn more
- WKC research funding winners: Congratulations to Bob Gilman, Vanya Jones, Heather Volk, Martha Brucato and Bo Park -- all of whom were awarded research funding from the Wendy Klag Center. Learn more
- See videos of past WKC symposia. Talks from the 2015 "One Size Doesn't Fit All" symposium on research design are here, and a video of the entire 2013 WKC inaugural symposium is here.
The Wendy Klag Center for Autism & Developmental Disabilities encompasses a broad array of research and educational goals across the fields of public health including epidemiology, health services research, developmental research, policy research, population and family dynamics and beyond.
Learn about affiliated faculty at Johns Hopkins and the Kennedy Krieger Institute -- and become a member!
See autism-related talks and presentations co-hosted or promoted by the Wendy Klag Center.
The Wendy Klag Center at IMFAR 2016
The Wendy Klag Center for Autism & Developmental Disabilities was well-represented at the International Meeting for Autism Research (IMFAR) May 11-14, 2016, in Baltimore. Oral presentations, panel sessions, special interest groups, and posters were presented by faculty and students from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, as well as Kennedy Krieger Institute-affiliated members of the WKC. Learn More
Dr. M. Daniele Fallin discusses the Wendy Klag Center mission:
To bring together researchers and families to find answers about autism and other developmental disabilities.