News & Events
- WKC research funding winners: Congratulations to Bob Gilman, Vanya Jones, Heather Volk, Martha Brucato and Bo Park -- all of whom were awarded research funding from the Wendy Klag Center. Learn more
- Familial Aspects of Autism webinars: The International Society for Autism Research (INSAR) will host a free series of six weekly online seminars every Thursday from June 23 to July 28. The sessions will cover a variety of topics on autism and the family, from sex differences to family interventions, to the broader autism phenotype. Learn more
- Autism, folate and B12: Research funded by the Wendy Klag Center draws wide attention at the International Meeting for Autism Research. See the school's news release, listen to a WYPR interview with Dani Fallin, or view a JHSPH Facebook post.
- Learn a wealth of information from a new chartbook from JHSPH Child and Adolescent Health Measurement Initiative's autism data sets. Did you know you can access data sets for your own research?
- In the news: Wendy Klag Center Associate Director Heather Volk, PhD, is quoted in Psychology Today for Autism Awareness Month.
- Commentary from a former student of Kanner: Dr. James Harris co-writes "Correcting the Record: Leo Kanner and the broad autism phenotype"
- New CDC autism prevalence numbers released March 31. JHSPH contributes to the project.
- See videos of past WKC symposia. Talks from the 2015 "One Size Doesn't Fit All" symposium on research design are here, and a video of the entire 2013 WKC inaugural symposium is here.
The Wendy Klag Center for Autism & Developmental Disabilities unifies and expands current research and education efforts at the Bloomberg School, including the Wendy Klag Scholars Program, and the Center for Autism and Developmental Disabilities Epidemiology (CADDE), which the Klag Center has replaced. The center encompasses a broad array of research and educational goals across the fields of public health including not only epidemiology, but also health services research, developmental research, policy research, population and family dynamics and beyond.
Learn about affiliated faculty at Johns Hopkins and the Kennedy Krieger Institute -- and become a member!
The Wendy Klag Center at IMFAR 2016
The Wendy Klag Center for Autism & Developmental Disabilities was well-represented at the International Meeting for Autism Research (IMFAR) May 11-14, 2016, in Baltimore. Oral presentations, panel sessions, special interest groups, and posters were presented by faculty and students from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, as well as Kennedy Krieger Institute-affiliated members of the WKC. Learn More
Dr. M. Daniele Fallin discusses the Wendy Klag Center mission:
To bring together researchers and families to find answers about autism and other developmental disabilities.