Fred Brancati, MD, MHS, FACP, Welch Center Core Faculty member, recent Welch Center Interim Director, and Director of the Division of General Internal Medicine, has been named the recipient of the 2011 Division Chiefs Award from the Association of Chiefs and Leaders of General Internal Medicine. The award was officially made at today’s Awards Banquet held at the SGIM Annual Meeting in Phoenix, AZ.
The Award is granted annually to the GIM Division Chief whom the associations’ Executive Committee judges to most represent excellence in Division leadership. Dr. Brancati was nominated by six of the division’s faculty members, and was the Executive Committee's unanimous choice. The award is based on evidence for excellence in several criteria:
• Mentorship in any domain (research, education, clinical service, leadership)
• Faculty development across the Division • Generating infrastructure and/or resources for research and program development
• Advocacy for GIM within the home institution & more broadly
• Recruitment and retention of excellent faculty in GIM
• Supporting faculty in times of need or in unconventional career tracks
• Creating a diverse and harmonious Division
• Sharing wisdom and role modeling a satisfying academic GIM career
That sounds like our Dr. Brancati! Congratulations to him on another acknowledgement of his merit!