Johns Hopkins' reputation in public health and medicine attracts students dedicated to careers in environmental health. Because Hopkins accepts only top-caliber applicants, our students tend to become leaders in their chosen arenas.
Our students have come from such government agencies as
- the U.S. military
- the Public Health Service (PHS)
- the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- the Maryland State Department of Health
- the public health agencies in countries such as Japan, Singapore, Korea, and Canada
Students have also come from a variety of disciplines and industries, including pharmaceutical, legal, and consulting, as well as public interest health and environmental organizations.
Graduates of the Institute’s Certificate Program have gone on to key positions in public health and environmental agencies at the international, national, state, and local levels and to provide leadership to corporate and nongovernmental organizations.