It's not enough to speak, but to speak true.
— William Shakespeare
The Moore Center aims to serve as a source of objective, evidence-based information for policy and press activities.
Available for Interviews
Drs. Elizabeth Letourneau, Ryan Shields and Jenny Rinehart are available for interviews by appointment.
- Dr. Letourneau has expertise in sex crime policy, sex offender assessment and treatment, adolescent sexual risk reduction and prevention of child sexual abuse.
- Dr. Ryan Shields has expertise in sex crime policy.
To schedule an interview, please contact Communication Associate Stephanie Neal at email@example.com.
Center News Archives
- Newsweek: The Hunt for Child Sex Abusers is Happening in the Wrong Places
- NPR's On Point with Tom Ashbrook: Secrets and Realities of US Child Abuse
- Freakonomics Radio: Making Sex Offenders Pay—and Pay and Pay and Pay
- Observador (Portuguese newspaper): They Distributed Papers to Warn You That I Was a Pedophile
- 10 Firsts in 10 Decades: Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Bloomberg Businessweek: Pennsylvania's Juvenile Sex Offender Registry Is Unconstitutional, State Supreme Court Rules
- Vox.com: This Woman is Trying to Stop Sex Offenders by Helping Them
- Chicago Bureau: Studies, Experts Question Effect of Placing Children on Sex Offender Registries
- Gainesville Daily Register: What to Really Be Afraid of this Halloween
- Reason.com: Three Ways Parents are Ruining Halloween
- Washington Post: John Grisham Says Sentencing for Child Porn Offenders is Too Harsh. They aren’t ‘real pedophiles.’
- TIME Op Ed: We Need to Make it Easier for Pedophiles to Seek Help
- The Daily Dot: It's Time to Reconsider How We Treat Pedophiles
- ABC News: States Fighting Sex Trafficking with Decriminalization of Prostitution for Minors featuring Dr. Ryan Shields
- Matter Magazine: You’re 16. You’re a Pedophile. You Don’t Want to Hurt Anyone. What Do You Do Now? by Luke Malone
- Child Sex Trafficking in the United States: Identifying Gaps and Research Priorities from a Public Health Perspective
- Jezebel: How Do Doctors Help a Self-identified Pedophile?
- Politico Panel on Domestic Sex Trafficking with Dr. Elizabeth Letourneau, Cindy McCain and Malika Saada Saar
- Slate: XX Factor, Jennifer Bleyer: Why Aren't We Doing More To Stop Child Pornography Before It Starts?
- All Sides with Ann Fisher: Discussion of Sexual Violence in our Culture
- Slate, Jennifer Bleyer: How Can We Stop Pedophiles? Stop Treating Them Like Monsters
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health Establishes Center to Prevent Child Sexual Abuse