It's not enough to speak, but to speak true.
— William Shakespeare
The Moore Center aims to serve as a source of objective, evidence-based information for policy and press activities.
Available for Interviews
Drs. Elizabeth Letourneau and Ryan Shields are available for interviews by appointment. To schedule an interview, please contact Communication Associate Stephanie Neal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Moore Center Headlines
- New York Times (Sunday Review): Punishment that Doesn't Fit the Crime
- The Hill: Marking Kids for Life on Sex Offender Registries
- Pacific Standard: What's the Real Rate of Sex Crime Recidivism?
- Slate: What's Wrong with the Brock Turner Sentence?
- WYPR's Midday with Sheilah Kast: Reforming the Sex Offender Registry
- Maryland Reporter: State Roundup, May 12, 2016
- The New Yorker: The List
- Pacific Standard: Are We Properly Dealing with Young Sex Offenders?
- Delaware Lawyer: A Lifetime Label: Juvenile Sex Offender Registration
- Rising to Challenge: The Campaign for Johns Hopkins: To Serve and Prevent
- Psychology Today: Sympathy for the Deviant
- Stateline: States Slowly Scale Back Juvenile Sex Offender Registries
- Reuters: Tide Turns Against U.S. Residency Restrictions on Sex Offenders
- Philly Voice: Tide Turns Against U.S. Residency Restrictions on Sex Offenders
- San Angelo Standard Times: States Rethink Sex Crime Files
- Fox 45 Baltimore: Ryan T. Shields is interviewed regarding a juvenile charged with assault
- Baltimore Sun: Study of Baltimore County: Fewer Sex Offenses Reported in Neighborhoods with More Registered Sex Offenders
- Upworthy: A Protective Treatment Program for Pedophiles in Germany is Raising Some Eyebrows
- Island Packet: Ex-Beaufort County Teacher Who Molested 9 Boys Could Soon be Free
- Baltimore Business Journal: People on the Move - Stephen Moore, MD, MPH Appointed to Chair JHSPH Health Advisory Board
- Washington Post: The Jared Fogel Case: Why We Understand So Little About Child Sexual Abuse
- Bend Bulletin: The Jared Fogel Case: Why We Understand So Little About Child Sexual Abuse
- Press Release: Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health Welcomes New Health Advisory Board Chair
- Newsweek: The Hunt for Child Sex Abusers is Happening in the Wrong Places
- NPR's On Point with Tom Ashbrook: Secrets and Realities of US Child Abuse
- Freakonomics Radio: Making Sex Offenders Pay—and Pay and Pay and Pay
- Observador (Portuguese newspaper): They Distributed Papers to Warn You That I Was a Pedophile
- 10 Firsts in 10 Decades: Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Bloomberg Businessweek: Pennsylvania's Juvenile Sex Offender Registry Is Unconstitutional, State Supreme Court Rules
- Vox.com: This Woman is Trying to Stop Sex Offenders by Helping Them
- Chicago Bureau: Studies, Experts Question Effect of Placing Children on Sex Offender Registries
- Gainesville Daily Register: What to Really Be Afraid of this Halloween
- Reason.com: Three Ways Parents are Ruining Halloween
- Washington Post: John Grisham Says Sentencing for Child Porn Offenders is Too Harsh. They aren’t ‘real pedophiles.’
- TIME Op Ed: We Need to Make it Easier for Pedophiles to Seek Help
- The Daily Dot: It's Time to Reconsider How We Treat Pedophiles
- ABC News: States Fighting Sex Trafficking with Decriminalization of Prostitution for Minors featuring Dr. Ryan Shields
- Matter Magazine: You’re 16. You’re a Pedophile. You Don’t Want to Hurt Anyone. What Do You Do Now? by Luke Malone
- Child Sex Trafficking in the United States: Identifying Gaps and Research Priorities from a Public Health Perspective
- Jezebel: How Do Doctors Help a Self-identified Pedophile?
- Politico Panel on Domestic Sex Trafficking with Dr. Elizabeth Letourneau, Cindy McCain and Malika Saada Saar
- Slate: XX Factor, Jennifer Bleyer: Why Aren't We Doing More To Stop Child Pornography Before It Starts?
- All Sides with Ann Fisher: Discussion of Sexual Violence in our Culture
- Slate, Jennifer Bleyer: How Can We Stop Pedophiles? Stop Treating Them Like Monsters
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health Establishes Center to Prevent Child Sexual Abuse