Carolyn Cumpsty-Fowler, PhD, MPH and Joan Kub, RN, PhD
Public Health: So, What Is It, Anyway?
- Define public health using three different definitions
- Identify the three core functions of public health
- Describe some public health achievements of the 20th century
- Discuss the public health system today in relationship to the health issues we face
The Essentials of Public Health
- What is public health nursing?
- The mission of public health
- The three core functions of public health
- The ten essential services
Historical Perspective of Public Health Nursing
- Define public health nursing
- Identify four "giants" in public health nursing and describe their contributions and impact in shaping this field
- Describe the factors influencing the development of public health nursing
- Discuss some "lessons learned" from our founders
Click the "View Symposia Archive" button to access the content listed below. These training materials are available to you free of charge; no payment is necessary, but registration in TRAMS is required.
|Topic 1: Public Health-So, What is it, Anyway?|
|Topic 2: The Essentials of Public Health|
|Topic 3: Historical Perspectives of Public Health Nursing|
|Topic 4: Public Health Nursing|
|Topic 5: Change|