Using Social Marketing Principles to Influence Decision Makers
To achieve community-level change, we need to understand how to influence key decision-makers who impact social or physical environmental conditions that affect the health of the community. This training will cover twenty-first century social marketing strategies that help us understand how to analyze our decision-making audience and develop strategies that will have them “buy” our recommendations and the need for change. This is not a social media training; the focus is on content and message development.
Topics to be included in this training:
- Defining the problem for the intended audience.
- Framing data appropriately.
- Ten strategic questions to ask in a social marketing campaign.
- The social marketing cycle, including the eight-component product mix.
- The critical importance of careful evaluation throughout the process.