Cultural Competency: An Introduction
- Professionals who provide direct health-related or social services to multicultural populations.
- Staff of agencies/organizations that provide health care or social services to multicultural populations.
- Individuals with limited previous experience participating in cultural competency trainings.
- Individuals with interest in improving their ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
Learning Objectives - At the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Explain why cultural competency matters in health care and social service encounters.
- Discuss how one’s own cultural orientation can impact interactions with culturally diverse individuals.
- Identify strategies to enhance communication with diverse populations.