- Professionals who provide direct health-related or social services to multicultural populations;
- Staff and leaders of local/state health departments and agencies/organizations that provide health care or social services to multicultural populations;
- Individuals with interest in improving their ability to work with culturally diverse populations;
- Individuals with interest in learning strategies to improve cultural competency within an organization.
At the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Explain why cultural competency matters in health care and social service encounters;
- Discuss how one's own cultural orientation can impact interactions with culturally diverse individuals;
- Identify strategies to enhance communication with diverse populations;
- Identify strategies to assess and improve cultural competency within an organization.