Cultural Competency for Managers
- Managers/supervisors of agencies/organizations which provide health care or social services to multicultural populations.
- Prior experience with cultural competency is helpful, but not necessary.
Learning Objectives - At the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Explain why cultural competency matters in health care and social service encounters.
- Describe how cultural competency can affect working environment and relationships between coworkers.
- Discuss how one’s own cultural orientation can impact interactions with culturally diverse individuals.
- Identify strategies to assess and improve cultural competency within an organization.