Advanced Advocacy: A Skill-Building Workshop for World Changers
This two-day training has been designed for public health professionals, physicians, nurses, social workers, and others who want to take a more active role in “changing the world.” You will get hands-on practice using the tools available to advocates to strategically advance a policy issue.
You will learn how to:
- Select from among policy alternatives,
- Frame policy-change for maximum effectiveness,
- Get media coverage for your issue,
- Work with the media to effectively communicate your message,
- Build strong and effective coalitions,
- Strategically plan for success, and
- Educate, lobby, and build relationships with lawmakers to advance your goals.
This is not the workshop for those content with the status-quo. If you decide to come, be prepared to work!