The Johns Hopkins Vaccine Initiative (JHVI) Spark funding is meant to assist JHSPH faculty in their efforts to improve training and education opportunities for students and to create an opportunity for new or expanded collaborative research.
Who can apply for Spark funding?
Spark funding is only open to JHSPH faculty.
How much funding is available?
The total budget for any proposal cannot exceed $1,500.
Examples of possible activities:
1. Bring a guest speaker to lecture at JHSPH
2. Organize a meeting, retreat, or colloquium designed to result in new collaborative research opportunities
Applying for Spark funding
1. Applications are accepting on a rolling basis throughout the year. Applications will be reviewed within four weeks of submission.
2. Applications consist of a brief (1-3 paragraph) description of the purpose of the award and a basic budget.
3. Successful applicants will be expected to complete a 1-2 page report describing the project/event that was funded within one month of completion.
Program Description and Application Instructions (pdf)
Spark Application (pdf)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any Spark funding inquiries.