CAOHC APPROVED HEARING CONSERVATION COURSE
Full Certification: November 2-4, 2016
Recertification: November 3, 2016
The purpose of this CAOHC-approved course is to provide instruction in audiometric testing through lecture and practicum experience for occupational health professionals who administer audiometric testing as required by regulations including the OSHA Hearing Conservation Amendment (29 CFR 1910.95) and the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) Health Standards for Occupational Noise Exposure 30 CFR 62.
Full Certification: 20 Contact Hours through AAOHN
Recertification: 8 Contact Hours through AAOHN
- Role of the Occupational Hearing Conservationist
- Occupational Hearing Conservation
- Anatomy, Physiology, Diseases of the Ear
- Otoscopic Screening
- Federal and State Regulations
- The Audiometer and Test Environment
- Audiometric Techniques
- Supervised Audiometric Testing
- Audiogram Referral and Follow-up
- Principles of Noise Analysis and Control
- Personal Hearing Protection/ Fitting and Training
- Employee Education and Motivation
- Record Keeping
- Review of Hearing Conservation Programs
- Written Evaluation
Timothy A. Swisher, MA, CCC-A
$625.00 Full Certification Course
$425.00 Recertification Course
Fee includes course handouts, CAOHC certification application fee and examination, continental breakfast and lunch.
Johns Hopkins School of Nursing
535 N Wolfe St
Baltimore, MD 21205
Carpenter Room (1st Floor)
Directions - click here.
A list of hotels convenient to the school can be found on the Johns Hopkins Medicine website (some hotels offer a special Hopkins rate available to course participants.)
- Register and Pay Online:
- Click here to register for the November 2 - 4, 2016 full or Nov 3 recert course.
- Or register by downloading the registration form and email, fax, or mail it back to us:
Attn: Keith Choi
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
615 N. Wolfe Street, Room W7517
Baltimore, MD 21205-2179
Secure fax: 410-614-4986
CAOHC Course Approval
Successful completion of a CAOHC approved course, conducted by a CAOHC-certified Course Director, does not automatically grant Occupational Hearing Conservation certification. An application and fee must be submitted to CAOHC, who will grant certification for five years.
JHU Tuition Remission
Full-time Johns Hopkins University faculty, staff, and eligible dependents may enroll under the terms of the Hopkins Tuition Remission Program. Registration requires the original approved JHU Tuition Remission voucher and professional development forms submitted with the course registration form. Send Tuition Remission forms to your divisional human resources office to obtain approved Tuition Remission Vouchers.
Questions? Please contact:
Mary Doyle, MPH, RN, COHN-S/CM
Director of ERC Continuing Education