Program Advisory Committee
The Program Advisory Committee below helps to advise Dr. Thomas LaVeist on the day to day functions of the Center. They help to provide advice and feedback on the relationship of projects to the overall aims of the Center, oversee research core activities and accomplishments, provide counsel on research and service cores for current and future needs, and provide wider international and national perspective on Center activities.
- Michelle Gourdine, MD, CEO and principal consultant, Michelle Gourdine and Associates, LLC
- Miryam C. Gerdine, MPH, management analyst, Office of Legislation, Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Daniel Howard, PhD, professor and director of The Institute for Health, Social, and Community Research, Shaw University
- Carlessia Hussein, RN, DrPH, director, Minority Health and Health Disparities and Cigarette Restitution Fund Program, Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Ferdinand Leacock, MD, retired thoracic vascular surgeon
- Donald Shell, MD, MA, Prince George's County Health Officer