Events In Health Disparities
June 2014 Webinars
- Race Matters - Results Count
- Implications of the ACA: What Will Become of Retiree Health Care Benefits?
- June 17, 2014: 1:00 pm- 2:00 pm EST
- As employers manage the implementation of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the pace of change in health care continues to accelerate, providing new and complex challenges to employers. This session will examine the impact of the Affordable Care Act - specifically the emergence and evolution of health care exchanges - on workforce management issues.
- Register here
Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies: Celebrates Men's Health Month
- Men's Health Twitter Chat
- I Am My Brother's Keeper: Strategies for Prioritizing the Health and Wellbeing of Boys and Men of Color
- June 17, 2014: 1:00pm- 2:00pm EST
- During the Twitter Chat, we will discuss key issues for the health and wellbeing of BMOC:
- Health Promotion & Prevention, Mental Health, Family Planning & Reproductive Health
- #MBKhealth; #BMOChealth; #MensHealthMonth
- Register Here
Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- Your LGBT Patients and Employees: The Challenges they Face- And How YOu Can Help
- June 26, 2014: 1:00 pm- 2:30 pm EST
This webinar will discuss the varied aspects of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) health care, as well as policies and best practices for providing patients equitable care. Ms. Snowdon will discuss the concerns LGBT people have as patients and employees and how all organizations - small or large, religiously affiliated or secular, urban or rural-can help them feel as welcome as their neighbors and co-workers. Ms. Snowdon will also discuss LGBT-related requirements and recommendations from The Joint Commission, Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services, HHS Office of Civil Rights and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, among others.
National Partnership for Action to End Health Disparities
- Maximizing Returns on Public Health Investments: Structural and Policy Initiatives to Address Health Disparities and Advance Health Equity
- June 19, 2014: 2:00 pm- 3:00 pm EST
- The complexity of health disparities and health inequities requires public agencies to implement a variety of upstream strategies to effectively address these problems. The webinar will describe how the Ohio Office of Health Transformation, the Ohio Commission on Minority Health and the Ohio Department of Health use state level policy as well as administrative, data and strategic partnerships to advance health equity.
to register and read
the abstracts and biographies of the speakers.
- Making Content Accessible: Removing Barriers to Print and Web Information
- June 27, 2014: 2:00pm- 3:00pm
- Experts from the Center for Health Literacy will share tips to make complicated information easier to read and understand. Each one-hour webinar will include a discussion forum for questions and answers.
- Register here