Events In Health Disparities
June 2014 Events
Health Data Consortium
- Health Datapalooza
- June 1-3, 2014
- A national conference focused on liberating health data, and bringing together the organizations and individuals with the newest and most innovative and effective uses of health data to improve patient outcomes.
- Washington, DC
Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies Celebrates Men's Health Month
Institute For Diversity
- 2014 National Leadership & Education Conference
- June 12- 13, 2014
- Join your colleagues for two full days of leadership development, education and best practices in diversity management. Share proven best practices, examine leadership opportunities for ethnic and racial minorities in health care management, and explore strategies to eliminate disparities. Accept the call to eliminate disparitites and increase diversity in health care management, and to promote cultural competence and inclusion
- Chicago, IL
Center for Refugee Health
June 19-21, 2014
Join us for this three day event focusing on the best practices in refugee health. Lectures focus on contemporary issues in refugee health, mental health, OB/GYN, pediatrics, and primary care. Come take a look at what we have to offer and register now for this important event.
The Healthcare Quality and Equity Action Forum
- Pursuing High-Value Healthcare
- Jun 19-20, 2014
The Healthcare Quality and Equity Action Forum will provide the background, key drivers, and essential strategies to improve quality and achieve equity in a time of rapid healthcare system change. Leaders from multiple disciplines and health care organizations who work in the areas of quality and safety; disparities, diversity and equity; health policy; and health care design and delivery, as well as anyone interested in these fields, will find the Forum to be a unique and highly valuable experience
Scholarships supported by the California HealthCare Foundation based in Oakland, CA, are available for CA safety net organizations. These scholarships cover the cost of registration and 2 nights hotel stay. We would appreciate your help getting the word out about this unique opportunity for CA safety net organizations.Please contact Aswita Tan-McGrory at email@example.com
or (617) 643 2916 for more information.
Promethean Community LLC and the Center for Study of Chronic Illness and Disability at George Mason University
- Strengthening Cultural Competence through Theater: Improving Human Rights in Health Care
- June 20, 2014
- This one-day workshop offers an engaging approach to learn cultural competence in the health care settings. The goal is to recognize and understand the principle guiding cultural competence and to be able to engage and practice the information learned in the workshop. The workshop will use theater techniques to help participants learn and apply the national standards for cultural and linguistic competence from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Minority Health, as well as federal laws and national best practices.
- Overview and agenda
- Fairfax, VA
Center for Health Equity and Wellness
- Qualified Bilingual Staff Program
- June 24-26, 2014
- This program addresses the ethical and legal aspects of interpreting, trains staff on the proper way to deliver interpreting services, and certifies each participant after taking a final assessment that determines their command of both English and their target language.
- Register Here
- Elkridge, MD