January 2014 Webinars
United States Department of Health and Human Services
United States Department of Health and Human Services Partnership Center
- Latinos and the Health Insurance Marketplace
- Wednesday, January 8, 2014: 7:00pm ET
According to the Census Bureau, nearly 16 million Hispanics are uninsured. When key parts of the health care law take effect in 2014, there will be a new way for individuals and families to get health insurance. This webinar is co-sponsored by the Administration for Children and Families and the HHS Center for Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships. Please send your questions to ACA101@hhs.gov
by noon on January 8.
To join by phone only, dial: 877-309-2074 or 415-655-0069, Access Code: 198-993-183, The Pin Number is # with no numbers when connecting by phone only
- How to Enroll in the Health Insurance Marketplace
- Wednesday, January 15, 2014: 1:00pm ET
- We are in the open enrollment period for health insurance in the Health Insurance Marketplace. We will explain the health care law, show you how to shop for plans using our new window shopping tool, explain how to enroll, and answer your questions. Open enrollment ends on March 31, 2014. Please send any questions to ACA101@hhs.gov prior to January 15 at 10 am ET.
- To Join By Phone Only, Dial 702-489-0008, Access Code: 892-455-196. The Pin Number is # with no numbers when connecting by phone only.
- Questions and Answers on the ACA
- Thursday, January 30, 2014: 3:00pm ET
- If you have questions about the health care law, the Affordable Care Act, this is the webinar for you! We will answer questions that have been submitted in advance as well as new questions asked during the webinar. Please send your questions by January 30 at 10 am to ACA101@hhs.gov.
- To Join By Phone Only, Dial 314-627-1518, Access Code: 685-210-347. The Pin Number is # with no numbers when connecting by phone only
Black Women's Health Imperative
The White House Initiatives on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (WHIAAPI)
- Learn about the Affordable Care Act in Mandarin
Thursday, January 23, 2014: 3:00pm-4:00pm ET
The Google+ Hangout Series on the Health Insurance Marketplace in Chinese. Almost one in seven Chinese Americans lacks health insurance. Chinese Americans are also among the highest limited English proficient populations in the nation. Almost half of all Chinese Americans (46 percent) report speaking English less than very well. So, access to information on health care in Chinese is critical to increasing health insurance coverage and access to health care among Chinese Americans.
During the Hangout, there will be a live question and answer period with Mandarin-speaking representatives from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. They will respond to your questions and provide information on how to obtain health care coverage through the new Marketplace.
Information on the website is also available in Mandarin
Bruce Adelson and Federal Compliance Consulting LLC