News and Events
- On April 12th 2017, the Center for Public Health and Human Rights and the Center for Humanitarian Health jointly hosted United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein. Watch the High Commissioner's talk here.
- 'America is not hived off from the rest of the planet.' Director Chris Beyrer on the importance of the Fogarty International Center, in The New York Times.
- CPHHR Director, Chris Beyrer, comments on the newly-released health budget cuts by the Trump administration, including the proposal to eliminate the NIH Fogarty International Center. Read the article here.
- Leonard Rubenstein, Director of the CPHHR Conflict and Health Program, and Paul Spiegel, Director of the Center for Humanitarian Health, provide new commentary on the revised travel and refugee ban issued by President Trump in new Lancet article.
- In observance of National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, CPHHR and Representative Barbara Lee, Co-Chair of the Congressional HIV/AIDS Caucus are hosting a luncheon and briefing on Mass Incarceration, Drug Policy and HIV/AIDS on Friday, March 10th, 2017. Details here.
- Johns Hopkins public health faculty urges President Trump not to issue order limiting refugee admissions
- IAS 2017 Paris registration is open!
- 'Five thousand dead and counting: the Philippines’bloody war on drugs' Director Beyrer is quoted in the article, which describes the vicious campaign to rid the Philipines of iliicit drug use.
- Lancet Series on HIV and related infections in prisoners was launched at AIDS 2016 in Durban. Congratulations to the entire team!
- Congratulations to Director Chris Beyrer for receiving the first inaugural Archbishop Desmond Tutu Professorship in Public Health and Human Rights! Watch the video from the installation event.
Photo Credit: Adnan Kabir