News and Events
- Johns Hopkins public health faculty urges President Trump not to issue order limiting refugee admissions
- IAS 2017 registration is open!
- 'Five thousand dead and counting: the Philippines’bloody war on drugs' Director Berer is quoted in the article, which describes the vicious campaign to rid the Philipines of iliicit drug use.
- Follow the link to see the Symposium "Violence Against LGBTQ Populations: The Public Health Response"
- The High Court of Belize struck down an anti-sodomy law in August - a great victory for human rights and the LGBT group UNIBAM!
- Lancet Series on HIV and related infections in prisoners was launched at AIDS 2016 in Durban. Congratulations to the entire team!
- AIDS 2016: The 21st International AIDS Conference was held between July 18-22 in Durban, South Africa.
- Congratulations to Director Chris Beyrer for receiving the first inaugural Archbishop Desmond Tutu Professorship in Public Health and Human Rights! Watch the video from the installation event.
- World Bank & Sexual Violence Research Initiative (SVRI) recognized Michele Decker and colleagues from SWING (Thailand; Surang Janyam, Chamrong Phaengnongyang, Dusita Phuengsamran) with a Development Marketplace Innovation award for Trauma-Informed, Community-Engaged Violence Prevention for Female Sex Workers in Thailand
- Registration opens soon for the Summer 2016 launch of the free, open-access Coursera course Confronting Gender-based Violence led by Center faculty Michele Decker and featuring Andrea Wirtz, Nancy Glass and other CPHHR faculty
Photo Credit: Adnan Kabir