The Baltimore Gang Violence Plan describes Baltimore City's strategies for reducing violence, specifically a comprehensive approach for combating gang violence. Reducing violence in Baltimore requires a citywide effort including Baltimore City, state and federal agencies, local service providers, community agencies, faith-based organizations, business groups, neighborhood associations and residents, advocacy groups, academic institutions and youth. This citywide plan describes how existing and new efforts can be supported, strengthened and better coordinated. The plan also explains how youth and community residents will be more effectively engaged in crafting and implementing solutions to the violence.
To access Baltimore City's comprehensive approach to combating gang violence, go to the Reduction Plan.
Gang-Reduction Strategies Appendices
- Appendix 1 - Committees and Organizations Included in Baltimore's Plan to Reduce Gang Violence
- Appendix 2 - Comparison of Public Health and Criminal Justice Strategies to Reduce Gang Violence
- Appendix 3 - Executive Summary, OJJDP Comprehensive Gang Model
- Appendix 4 - Juvenile and Adult Arrest Statistics
- Appendix 5 - Prevention and Intervention Action Plan
- Appendix 6 - Examples of Existing Law Enforcement Programs
- Appendix 7 - Juvenile Intake Forms
- Appendix 8 - Letters of Commitment
- Appendix 9 - Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services Program