The Activities Listserv is for messages that students are not required to know, but may like to know.
This includes all events, speakers, seminars, etc. being held in the Bloomberg School and elsewhere within the University. This can also include grand rounds notices, seminar notices and other items that are already on the main public affairs calendar, but that a department or office wants to advertise through email.
The Activities Listserv can also include events from other campuses that are sent to us from those campuses with the intention of inviting Bloomberg School students.
This listserv should not include any items for sale or rent. Nor should it include information about students organizing study groups.
- Nothing should ever be cross-posted on both jhsph.activities and jhsph.student.
- We should not have the same event posted every day for a week; once a week, plus the day before or day of as a reminder is plenty.
Who can send messages on jhsph.activities listserv
- Authorized Bloomberg School student groups sending emails from their firstname.lastname@example.org email account.
- Student groups in the process of forming who have expressed interest to the Student Assembly and have been granted permission to advertise events on jhsph.activities by emailing email@example.com.
- Authorized student groups at other Hopkins institutions who email proof of authorized status to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Faculty and Staff within the Bloomberg School as well as JHMI and JHU entities.
Types of messages that can be sent on jhsph.activities listserv
- Events and activities that all Bloomberg School students are invited to.
- Events and activities hosted by an authorized Hopkins student group.
How to send messages to jhsph.activities listserv
- Send your message *exactly* as you want it to appear to email@example.com.
- Do not include attachments or any wording you do not want to be sent with the posted message (including in the subject line).
- Please keep information within the email and attached to the email as concise as possible.
- Information included in the email should be pertinent to the event/activity.
- Do not send to both jhsph.activities and jhsph.student listservs.