The Activities-L listserv is meant for Student Assembly events that are smaller than schoolwide events.
This includes all student group events, seminars and notices. This can also include grand rounds notices, seminar notices and other items that are already on the main public affairs calendar but that someone feels like advertising again for a specific reason.
Activities-L can also include events from other campuses that are sent to us from those campuses with the intention of inviting Bloomberg School students.
This listserv should not include any items for sale or rent. Nor should it include information about students organizing study groups.
- Nothing should ever be cross-posted on both Activities-L and Student-L
- We should not have the same event being posted every day for a week; once a week plus the day before or day of as a reminder is plenty
Who can send messages on Activities-L
- Authorized Bloomberg School student groups sending emails from their email@example.com email account
- Student groups in the process of forming who have expressed interest to the Student Assembly and have been granted permission to advertise events on Activities-L by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Authorized student groups at other Hopkins institutions who email proof of authorized status to email@example.com
- People authorized by Student Affairs who have been granted permission by Steve Bazetta emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Types of messages that can be sent on Activities-L
- Events and activities that all Bloomberg School students are invited to
- Events and activities hosted by an authorized Hopkins student group
How to send messages to Activities-L
- Send your message *exactly* as you want it to appear to email@example.com
- Do not include attachments or any wording you do not want to be sent with the posted message (including in the subject line)
- Please keep information within the email and attached to the email as concise as possible
- Information included in the email should be pertinent to the event/activity
- Do not send to both Activities-L and Student-L