Student Event Approval Form
Before you begin this form, please note the following:
- This form is only for events on campus (Wolfe St. building or Hampton House).
- Complete the form carefully and thoroughly to avoid delays in your
- event approval.
- Start the process early--at least three weeks ahead of your event.
- Approval of events is based upon the information provided on this form. If you make significant changes to the event (e.g. change of topic or date/time), you must get approval for the changes.
- Once your form is complete, click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. Your request will be submitted to email@example.com. JHSPH offices who oversee event-related and room scheduling services will be notified once the event is reviewed. Students will be contacted by the Special Events Team (SET) to attend a SET Meeting. Thank you.
- If you are having a book signing and/or book sale, you must receive approval from Student Affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When a student or student group wishes to invite a high profile visitor or public official to participate in an event, Ricky Fine, Director of Government Relations in the office of External Affairs of the Bloomberg School of Public Health should be contacted at least four weeks prior to event. Please email Ms. Fine at email@example.com . This will permit the School to make appropriate arrangements. The student group should provide a summary of the event, including topic, proposed participants, date, time and location. The student group should also draft a letter of invitation for review by the Office of External Affairs. On most occasions the invitation will be sent under the Dean’s signature. All communications must indicate the student group is an independent organization and does not speak for or represent the Bloomberg School of Public Health or The Johns Hopkins University.