Soccer Without Borders
Function of Organization/Site:
Soccer Without Borders Baltimore City began in the fall of 2009 in response to various state, local, and non-profit agencies that serve the city’s burgeoning refugee population identifying a need for positive recreational programming for area refugee youth. In response, SWB Baltimore emerged to provide opportunities in the form of soccer, simultaneously encouraging healthy living while developing English-language abilities, teamwork, academic success, and cross-cultural skills.
- Academic Coaches – Help students prepare for standardized tests, provide workshops, assist with college preparation, and homework.
- Soccer Coaches – Help youth with training sessions, special events, and competition
- Special Event Volunteers – Based on SWB’s schedule
- The ability to speak multiple languages would be beneficial, as Soccer Without Borders serves a diverse group of children.
- Background checks are required, and a discount for this is offered through the Maryland Mentoring Partnership.
The site is accessible via public transportation. Travelers should utilize MTA Bus #33