901 N Milton Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21205
P.O. Box 2298
Baltimore, MD 21203
PHONE: (410) 327-3420 ext. 31
FAX: (410) 327-3426
Function of Organization/Site:
Moveable Feast serves over 900 individuals who are affected by HIV/AIDS, cancer, and other life-threatening illnesses.
- Provides nutritionally appropriate meals and nutritional counseling to people with HIV/AIDS and other illnesses in the City of Baltimore, its five surrounding counties, and Maryland’s Eastern Shore.
- Provides meals to drop-in centers that serve homeless individuals in Baltimore City.
- Provides hands-on culinary training and life skills workshops and job placement opportunities for underserved adults who want to work in the health-related food industry.
- Provides door-to-door transportation to medical appointments for Baltimore City clients who are too ill to drive or take public transportation.
Volunteers are needed throughout the year, to assist with the following items:
- Meal Preparation and Packaging
- Meal Deliveries
- Garden Work
- Baking Desserts for Clients
- Help with special events, such as: Ride for the Feast and Dining Out for Life (For special events, contact: Ted Blankenship at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-327-3420 ext 33)
- Organizing volunteer groups