sponsored by the Baltimore City Health Department
620 N. Caroline St.
Baltimore MD, 21205
CONTACT: Gina Baez, Program Coordinator
"Mi Espacio" is an after school teen pregnancy prevention program sponsored by the Baltimore City Health Department. The program offers a holistic model of pregnancy prevention by offering educational workshops, sex-ed, after school homework help, art, zumba, yoga, dance, and other personal enrichment courses. The program works with both middle school and high school students. The youth come to the Caroline St. Clinic for these sessions. The youth come from various local schools and communities.
Interns are needed to help Latino youth with homework and also to help with the ongoing health sessions and personal enrichment projects. Students will:
- Commit to a particular afternoon for their involvement in the after-school program
- Coordinate enrichment and health education sessions
- Invite speakers to the afterschool program to deliver talks
- Assist with homework help for the youth
- Work closely with youth to develop a meaningful relationship
*Both English and Spanish speaking volunteers are needed to help facilitate courses for the youth.
M,Tu,Th, and F afternoons afterschool (No sessions on Wednesdays)
Walking Distance from JHSPH